Rain

9:44 AM

It is raining. Hahaha. Now I don't have to wash my car! :)

"...Bring me anything that brings You glory,
And I know there'll be days,
When this life brings me pain.
But if that's what it takes to praise You,
Jesus, bring the rain."
-MercyMe

These lyrics have been running through my mind lately. As humans, we naturally desire a nice life. Something comfortable and pleasant. But that's not always the design of God. He's far more concerned about our holiness than our happiness. I want to be more concerned about glorifying Christ in every situation than how I feel in this life.

Practical applications lately have been the long day working for The Dad's new business (ouch!), doing housework late into the night because The Mom is away caring for The Sis & The Little Lady Baby, smiling in the face of undeserved criticism at work, the daily challenges of being responsible for many young people's spiritual growth and my own internal struggle to seek & surrender to the will of God.

Pain. Yeah, it happens. But it's my job to make sure The Glory of God is seen, rather than me.

You Might Also Like

2 comments