Dichotomy

9:45 PM

Dichotomy = division into two mutually exclusive, opposed, or contradictory groups: a dichotomy between thought and action.

Tears and laughter. Silence and noise. Crowds and loneliness. Sleep and sleeplessness. Smiles and frowns. Time passing by slooowly, and rushing too quickly. Good conversation and missed opportunities...


Welcome to my Weekend in Review.


I invited people over for dinner on Friday night. Last minute (because that's just how we roll). New recipe. And be amazed -- there is now one Giada DeLaurentiis recipe that I don't care for! * shrug* Ya know what they say though: "If, at first, you don't succeed... give up! Try something else!" HAHA! 'Twas a late night Friday. Errr, rather, an early morning. Between fighting the ever-present computer battles, uploading pictures, talking with folks and bonding with friends and family, I finally found sleep at 2 am.


And THEN. I woke up. Took a shower. Got ready for the awesome Saturday... came back to my room. The clock said, "3:09." As in morning! Wow. Just wow. What a promising start to the day.


On the road with The Little Bro. Redeeming the time with financial work, reading, and journalling. Because he is a good brother and drove those nice two hours for me! At HersheyPark. Bumper cars, roller coaster and a crazy falling ride. In one hour. Bumper cars were the best though. Honestly? Ramming perfect strangers with electric vehicles? The stuff I only dream about! :) Then much, much time hanging with the (northern) Virginia people. I loved the matching T-shirts. It was like playing Where's Waldo? all day long! :) Best chocolate milkshake ever. ZooAmerica with the three stooges. Talking to, barking at and throwing an acorn at prairie dogs. And the stupid animals STILL didn't bark at me. Ugh! (No animals were harmed in the making of this blog entry). Saying goodbye. Walking back-and-forth 7 times to find someone. Meeting new friends. Introductions. Encouraging conversation. Roller coaster in the dark. Then, there was only 3 people left and myself. They went on some crazy roller coasters. I didn't. 3 roller coasters later and I'm still chillin, taking pics in the dark, texting, shivering in the cool of the evening.... The Little Bro, "You have to try this one! Now! Don't knock it 'til you try it." Me "Nothing you can say will make me ride that roller coaster." The Golden Girl "We'll buy you dark chocolate AND coffee!" Hahaha... "No, not even that." -Me. :) Fun driving home. One hot mocha with a double-shot of expresso. It gave me quite a buzz. Singing along to the Supertones... Good times.

Sickness was trying to overwhelm me. By the power of God, I made it to church. And sang during the worship service! Which still amazes me. Very appropriate sermon about "Faith that Takes." As in, aggressively takes hold of the promises of God, rather than passively recieving. Picnic at Hidden Haven. Water baptisms!! Back to our town for UNIT meeting. Including passionate prayer for souls.. and then laughter about funny songs "I work at Subway (Loser!)". :) Still fighting sickness, but I know that Christ is my Healer!

You Might Also Like

0 comments