Divine Mandate

6:44 AM

Throughout last week, the Lord has been reminding me of the reason that we live on this earth. It is Souls. Specifically, the souls of people all around us that have not surrendered to Christ. Those souls who at this moment are destined for eternal punishment. God is amazing. His love is incomprehensible, and yet He is just. He must recompense the wicked for their deeds and for stubbornly rejecting the offer of mercy through His Son, Jesus Christ. The Lord has made a way for our rescue from sin and death.

And so, my reason for living on this earth is to share the Good News of Jesus Christ with everyone. "Go into all the world and preach the Gospel...." "you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you and you will be My witnesses... to the uttermost parts of the earth."

Those Scriptures sound like a mandate to me. Mandate = meaning mandatory. As in, not optional!! If we are Christians, then this is our mission entrusted to us by God.

"And pray on my behalf, that utterance may be given to me in the opening of my mouth, to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in proclaiming it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak."
Ephesians 6:19-20

You Might Also Like

0 comments