Refiner's Fire

12:30 PM

My last blog entry was intended to illustrate how little I really knew or understood about my future at the age of 17. And to glorify God for His constant presence and leading and protection. And though the trials have been many and varied, I do not regret these experiences. Sometimes I think, "Oh, I could have handled that differently" or "Why haven't I gained victory in this area yet?" or "When is the answer to my prayer coming?" or "Why is life so HARD?" But honestly, I don't wanna think about the person I would've become without the flaming furnace of life (and ultimately, the hand of God) purifying me.

I think differently than I did at the age of 17. I act differently. I talk differently. I have a different focus and direction. A different response to people. A different perspective on many things. And praise God for that! He changed me when I didn't even know that I needed changing. He changed me without me even knowing that He was doing anything... He allowed the crushing pressures of life to force me crawling and broken and desperate for Him. How awesome.

Purify my heart
Let me be as gold
and precious silver
Purify my heart
Let me be as gold, pure gold

Refiner's fire
My heart's one desire
Is to be holy
Set apart for You, Lord
I choose to be holy
Set apart for You, my Master
Ready to do Your will.

You Might Also Like

0 comments