Testify

7:00 AM

"Many, O LORD my God, are the wonders which You have done, And Your thoughts toward us; There is none to compare with You. If I would declare and speak of them, They would be too numerous to count." Psalm 40:5

Yes. It's true. MANY are the wonders that the Lord has done in my life! On April 10th, I was officially laid off from my job. It was very surprising. Totally unexpected. Because I work in accounting and there's always money, right? Right. Except with the crazy economy, there's less money to go around... Hence, the temporary layoff. I was told that I would be recalled when things started looking up for the business, in approximately a month.

Even from the moment my supervisor called me into the office, I felt a supernatural peace. Sure, I have a house (thus a mortgage) and bills and need to eat and live and all that, but I just wasn't worried. That was totally God.

So the layoff lasted five weeks. I spent time working whenever I could, whether for my employer as they needed me (very little) or for the family business. And filling my time with home jobs and helping people and taking a little trip to North Carolina to see my brother and generally trying to do anything & everything that I can't do while working during normal business hours! . :) I was expecting a little more rest and relaxation, but my work conscience didn't allow that very much.... as you all can see, even blogging fell by the wayside.

I didn't have ANY income for 4 weeks. And very little for 6 weeks. And here's the awesome part:

God supernaturally provided for all my needs!! And I was even able to pay off some major house-renovation debt, because of how the Lord ordered my financial footsteps... I was amazed and excited and so thankful. I wasn't expecting that debt to be gone for a year, at least. :)

The Lord is Jehovah Jireh. My Provider. The One who has already been to my place of need and provided for me!!

And now here I am.. on the other side of a valley. Looking back in joy, looking forward in hope. There were times that I didn't know when or if I would have a job again. But I learned to trust. And God proved Himself faithful to His Word. He does not allow the righteous to be forsaken or His godly ones begging bread. :) (and thanks to people in the Body who helped me and offered their food & company & encouragement!!!)

God is Good.
All the Time.
And that is why...
I testify!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments