He Cares

11:30 AM

Yesterday, I watched my sister stand by the swing set and push her little girlies on the swings. It was early evening. The sky was growing darker from impending thunderstorms. Every few moments, faint thunder echoed in the distance. One angry-looking cloud grew rapidly and seemed to be moving in our direction.

“Mommy, let’s go inside!” The Older Niece said worriedly. “Mommy, I’m scared!” And The Sis would simply reassure her that the rain was still far away, and they would go inside before the storm came. A few minutes later, thunder would roll again and the concerned little voice would pipe up, “Mommy! I hear thunder. Let’s go inside!” And again, a calm mommy voice would point out that it is not raining yet and the storm had not come over the mountain and there wasn’t any lightning yet. Everything was fine.

Eventually, the rain came…

And I wondered. Do I sound like that? Every few minutes asking my Father if He is going to take care of me today? Looking at the clouds and listening to the thunder and allowing worry to overcome me? Do I need the reassuring hand of my Father to comfort me? Do I often need reminded that He cares for me, He protects me and He won’t let any destruction come near me?

“Casting all your care on Him, because He cares for you.”
1 Peter 5:7

You Might Also Like

1 comments