What I Really Need

7:00 AM

Over the weekend, I commented to someone that I feel like a "jack of all trades, but master of none." I feel pulled in a million different directions by my diverging interests, passions and responsibilities. There is so much to do, to learn and accomplish. Sometimes I hardly know what to work on next! I'm not going to list the many things that pull at my time... but suffice it to say that I am often frustrated because I might be "good" at something, and not ever becoming "excellent." Don't get me wrong---being famous or rich are not on my list of life goals. I don't wanna make a name for myself... but on the other hand, I don't want to dishonor Christ by never developing the gifts that He has given me. I want to be a good steward. At the end of my life... when I stand before the Lord... I want to hear those words, "Well done, good and faithful servant."

Considering the end is good. But it usually means that I have to make changes in my daily life. Time seems to flow like sand through my fingertips. At the end of a week, I will wonder where all the time has gone and why it seems like I accomplished little. This week I have simple goals.

#1 - Pray More.
“I generally pray two hours every day, except on very busy days. On those days, I pray three." Martin Luther said that. Ouch. And of course, I am always convicted when reading about the life of Jesus---how often He went away alone to pray.

#2 - Study the Word More.
Bread of Life. My sustenance. Can I starve spiritually and still have strength to fight the good fight?

#3 - Sleep More
It seems shallow. But irritable, cranky, sleep-deprived people never glorify God. And not much is accomplished in the late hours anyway... "Sleep is a daily reminder that we are completely dependent upon God." -- C.J. Mahaney

I need grace. :)

You Might Also Like

1 comments