A Sweet Stop at Crave Cupcakes

8:09 AM

 photo cravecupcakes-120_zpslhbxe6q6.jpg
On our Saturday adventure to the Woodlands, there had to be coffee involved. And why not a cupcake, too? We knew we would be eating dinner out, so the healthy choice was to share. Sometimes we choose wisely, sometimes we do not. This was a wise choice.... though now looking back, I want a cupcake. Right now.
 photo cravecupcakes-112_zpsh1eevpvl.jpg
A VERY IMPORTANT NOTE:
I don't do free product reviews. I don't go places or eat things or anything like that because anybody else paid for it. Maybe it's because I am an old-fashioned blogger... I just want stories about people's lives, without feeling "sold" on a product. It's like getting invited to someone's house and then realizing it's actually a Mary Kay party or a Tupperware party and feeling compelled to buy something. It just makes me feel icky.

Because I like reading narrative blogs, that's how I blog.
 photo cravecupcakes-109_zpsladywy3c.jpg
So when I say that I went to a certain cupcake place, it's because I have a passion for local food and coffee and finding interesting places, and I probably found a recommendation on Yelp (I do love yelping!) so we went there.
 photo cravecupcakes-105_zpshjkuynnj.jpg photo cravecupcakes-104_zps3umcwbzr.jpg

And it was delicious!

CUPCAKES! CUPCAKES! CUPCAKES!
 photo cravecupcakes-113_zpsnwwbm5qm.jpg photo cravecupcakes-114_zpsdw0qy4yv.jpg photo cravecupcakes-115_zpsf1k8ztpt.jpg
Usually, when presented by a large menu or in this case, SO MANY kinds of cupcakes, my brain freaks out a little... Fortunately, Brandon doesn't have that problem. He chooses what has immediately struck his fancy. And then doesn't have the inner-berating that there might be a better option that happens inside my head (#weirdbrainproblems).
 photo cravecupcakes-117_zpsm2ugo71n.jpg
 photo cravecupcakes-107_zps63ppwjei.jpg
Our choice was a Nutella cupcake & an iced mocha.
 photo cravecupcakes-102_zpsnnukezq1.jpg
I was surprised that it was a white cake inside, then we realized it was probably hazelnut with a hazelnutty filling and Nutella frosting. Not an overbearing Nutella flavor, but the cake was moist and crumbly and sweet enough to be delicious without making our teeth hurt. :)
 photo cravecupcakes-101_zpsl6nfqh4n.jpg
You know what is even sweeter than cupcakes?
 photo cravecupcakes-111_zps7akgycnd.jpg
Our dear sweet Devereaux. We do love that little guy.
 photo cravecupcakes-119_zpsej5kheg5.jpg photo cravecupcakes-108_zpsc5gkgzsb.jpg photo cravecupcakes-118_zpsixkca6j6.jpg

You Might Also Like

0 comments