Taking Up My Cross

9:39 AM

"I want to do something that will cost me something by way
of sacrifice. I'm hungry to suffer for Him."
These are the words of Rachel Winslow in the book, "In His Steps" by Charles Sheldon. These words have captured my heart in the last few days. A theme began on Sunday when I read "Tortured for His Faith" by Haralan Popov. Then I began to think about suffering. We have pretty comfortable lives here, and aren't compelled to endure such physical torture and imprisonment. So what does it mean to walk in Christ's steps in my life? I read In His Steps again yesterday, and studied being a true disciple and walking in the steps of Christ and found out that it means suffering (I Peter 2:21 & Eph. 5:1).
"And Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone would come after Me,
he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow Me."
Matthew 16:24
I can't romanticize this concept. Taking up my cross is painful. It means sacrifice. It means suffering. And I didn't realize how much until today... I wonder, What else will the Lord require of me?
No matter what it costs,
I'm hungry to suffer for Him.

You Might Also Like

0 comments