Weird*

8:30 PM

* To The Original VA Friend: Yes, I did spell it wrong first. Old habits die hard, I guess.


On Wednesday, I took some pics to youth group. I was gonna put some on the youth bulletin board. Those were thoroughly enjoyed. The youth liked to look at the miscellaneous other pics that I had with me, like some NYC pics! While they were looking, The Brown-Eyed Girl turns to me and says, " 'Amethyst', you're even pretty when you're mad!" LOL That's one of the nicest compliments anyone has ever paid me! Of course, now that I think about it....


I have a habit of getting out of bed the second that the alarm goes off. I haven't always been that way, but since my work schedule changed, I'm paranoid about oversleeping. I know that I only have a certain amount of time to get ready and if I don't get up instantly, something will go undone. Sooooo... On Friday morning, I jump out of bed and stumble towards the kitchen. As usual, it's still dark outside and I'm tired because I spent a little too much time reading the night before. I pour my cereal & milk, and look at a cooking magazine with bleary eyes as I eat my breakfast. Maybe five minutes pass. Then, I look at the clock. "WHAT?!" The clock reads 2:30, like, in the morning! I go back to my room and conclude that the alarm clock didn't even go off! I just randomly woke up and assumed that it did. So I laugh at myself and head back to bed for 2 1/2 more hours of blissful sleep.


Last night, the youth group played Capture the Flag. I officially love that game! We played in the early evening, then took a break and waited 'til the darkness fell. Then we played with flashlights. All my "prison" reading started to catch up with me, as I inevitably found myself imprisoned several times per game. The other team had one very HUGE flashlight, and so The Little Bro had one of his teammates in the middle of the field with that flashlight. Periodically they would shine it slowly along the length of the field. I felt like I was in a scene from The Great Escape. Total craziness (and awesomeness!).

Here's some quotes from the youth:

"Once I ran into a brick wall with my head on purpose." -The New Kid

"My grandma doesn't cook; she defrosts." - The Sparkly Girl*

"Yeah, I'm gonna take over China, and then attack Germany." -The Witty Kid (who obviously doesn't know that World War II is over.)

Life is weird sometimes. That's why I spend alot of time laughing... at myself, at (or with) other people, and at life in general. Without laughter, where would we be?

*The Sparkly Girl is so named because of the way her eyes sparkle when she's excited or happy! She tells me all that time that she's more excited about my apartment than I am. I'm not so sure about that, but it's fun watching her talk about it! :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments