Strawberries

6:40 AM

Strawberries are my favorite fruit. Last night, The Sis and I spent 2 1/2 hours picking strawberries and having intense conversations. So intense that we didn't even hear The Bro drive up in his work truck (which is so loud that it sounds like a tank or a broken tractor) and didn't see him walk up and didn't notice him 'til he was 2 feet away and actually talked to us. We were discussing hypocrisy and marriage and adoption and modesty and vacation and preaching and rest and many other deep life issues that require concentration.




The problem is that I have a tendency to get loud in public when I'm passionate about something... Like at the bake sale on Saturday. I was ranting about the lack of holiness and discernment in media choices in Christians nowadays. After a few minutes of discussing this, I realized that I should quiet down--I was probably scaring the customers away! It's kinda like discussing hell in public (which I do sometimes). All people hear is "hummmm... low conversation... humm....HELL!" It just scares 'em. :)





Anyway, back to strawberry picking. I discovered that petting people's dogs makes them happy. Which in turn, makes them nice. Which in turn, causes them to tell you the best patch to find the biggest/nicest/most yummy strawberries! Rock'n awesome!




I came home and grilled pork chops for supper. And I didn't burn them! Third time is the charm! We ate supper at 9:00 p.m. Summer trend = eating supper at insane hours. Like after everybody is done working.





And then The Mom and I proceeded to cut up the afore-mentioned strawberries. For hours and hours. Or that's what it felt like. I kept getting distracted by other jobs-printing out directions for The Little Bro, writing down phone numbers, uploading pics, writing youth-camp lists, cutting up more strawberries, finding the phone, emailing youth announcements, etc. So I went to bed waaaaaaaaay too late for a week-night.





But hey, there are some beautiful strawberries at home waiting to become strawberry shortcake. :) It was worth the pain.

You Might Also Like

1 comments