Friendship

10:06 PM

"A friend is a person with whom I can be sincere. Before him, I may think aloud."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

This is a poem I wrote several years ago. I found it in an old journal and smiled at the relevancy to my recent post on peer pressure. There is much power in honest, Christ-centered friendship. And therefore, there is much value in friendship. I am so thankful for the brothers and sisters in Christ that honor me with their friendship. And how their love is displayed through our times together -- in conversation, prayer, fellowship, laughter and tears.

My heart turns throughout the day
I am thinking of you
Wondering where you are
And wanting to share thoughts with you.
My head is spinning
The world is twisting
And it happens without you.
You're far away
For many days
Though you'll return soon.
Prayer is my escape
As my thoughts become petition
Asking for strength and wisdom
And that God's will be done.
That angels would surround you
And the Spirit would uphold you
And the Lord would control you.
Praying for spiritual fruit
For spiritual passion to remain true
For supernatural help in all you do
and that you return soon.

Friendship reaches a thousand miles
and lasts eternity.
Friendship weathers a thousand storms
and emerges triumphantly.
Friendship holds through a thousand lies
with unswerving loyalty.
Friendship speaks a thousand words

in loving honesty.

You Might Also Like

0 comments