Loyalty

9:02 PM

"He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it."
Matthew 10:37-39

I am blogging from the sunny South. Visiting my younger bro and his family in North Carolina. I (heart) the South, by the way. Really, really love the beautiful sunny weather. They are about 3 months ahead of us seasonally or so it seems. :)

Anyway, visiting family always makes me think about my loyalty to Jesus. It has been said that blood is thicker than water. In other words, there is nothing stronger than the loyalty of blood relations. However, as a Christian, I have a loyalty to a more precious Blood. The Blood that was shed by my Saviour. Though I love my family (and I do love them very much), I am more loyal to the Master. My glorious Lord.

Love God best.
Love people less.

You Might Also Like

0 comments