House Love6:45 AM
... or, "Things I Love about My New House"
- The sound of quiet waters from the nearby creek
- Two-story farmhouse style (good memories!)
- Super-nice little old ladies for neighbors
- A lilac bush
- The cozy new paint colors
- The afternoon sunlight in my bedroom
- In-town-but-not-on-a-hillside... You would have to see the town to fully appreciate this one.
- In-town-but-not-surrounded-by-too-many-people. After living on a mountain, towns can be quite a shock. My street is calm, with only a few houses! Yes!
- A front porch
- Walking distance to a beautiful park… and a parkside café with good ice cream!
- The thrilling concept of my own mailbox
- A faux fireplace (it’s better than no fireplace!)
- Black-eyed susans
I'm not even moved in yet. We are diligently working at completing important projects before move-in. Yeah, it's a time crunch. But just after spending hours there working, these things have made me happy.