What Did I Do This Weekend?

6:45 AM

  • Make jokes about my "free pen," being famous and my identity (any aliases?) during house closing.
  • Crawl in a crawl-space underneath my house looking for the water shutoff valve. In between avoiding thoughts of spiders and snakes, I was thinking "Where's a husband when you need him?"
  • Direct the army of volunteers in cleaning, painting and otherwise transforming my house. Yes, I bought them pizza. Yes, they ate it all. :)
  • Scrub-a-dub-dub. My manicure now looks like grub. However, it's amazing what a little soap and elbow grease will do to a kitchen floor and bathtub.
  • Meet the neighbors. And smile at the charming Little Old Ladies neighbors, who I believe will be my greatest house asset. Can you say 24 hour security system? :)
  • Smirk at the Lowe's guy after pushing a pile of paint sample orders across the counter. "Soooo... should I come back in about a half hour?" Haha. His face was priceless.
  • Sing pretty worship songs with the girls while painting... and listen to The Little Bro joining in from another room.
  • Wear long sleeves to church to cover the distracting paint & primer stains on my arms. I didn't mean to fall onto that wet paint.
  • Name the unnamed sermon. I fondly referred to it as, "How Not to Be a Jerk."
  • ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz... And that is what Sunday afternoons are for!

You Might Also Like

0 comments