House Sacrifice

6:45 AM

We interrupt our regularly-scheduled programming to bring you... HOUSE STUFF! Just in case you didn't know, I am buying a house today. So I gotta blog about that. But no worries, The Modesty Series will return in a few days!


Yesterday, alot of things happened. Awesome house-buying things. So when the reality of this monumental life-change began to set in, a particular Scripture verse kept echoing in my mind.

For you showed sympathy to the prisoners and accepted
joyfully the seizure of your property, knowing that you have
for yourselves a better possession and a lasting one.
Hebrews 10:24
Ya know, this verse never really meant much to me. And all of the sudden, I'm asking myself, "Could I joyfully accept the seizure of my property? Could I be happy while seeing my earthly possessions be stripped away?" In the past, this wasn't a big issue. Like Pastor has said many times, "It's easy to give all when you don't have much!"
I am grateful that the Lord is requiring my heart-sacrifice of this house before I even take physical possession. I am His. And so is this house. If it is no longer mine, I rejoice that I have a lasting possession: a heavenly mansion that God Himself has prepared for me!

You Might Also Like

0 comments