Favorite Things

6:38 AM

I like to do the weekend in review a little different. Gotta break up the monotony, ya know.

"Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things..."

Some of my favorite things were wrapped up in my weekend with a nice bow! :) Laughing time with The Little Bro. Another photography shoot at a military museum. Sunlight and silhouettes and reflections in the water. Making pasta for supper and happy company like The Little Bro & The City Guy. Baking yummylicious food for countless hours with The Raven-Haired Girl while listening to Keith Green. Early morning time in the Word with very little sleep. Last-minute time in Walmart and more & more & more food prep. Sad Penn State football with a tragic ending. Endless house tours and fun conversation with neighbors, coworkers and friends. Soft Kenny-G-instrumental Christmas music in the background, got me thinking about Christmas! Wonderful friends who forbid my touching the food, so I could focus on hostessing. :) Studying for adult Sunday School class and falling asleep on my keyboard. Talking about politics one more time (that's more like an unfavorite thing right now). Breaking nails while playing piano and being too passionate in worship. Spontaneous background music during testimony time. Nobody noticed, but I was playing "God's not dead-NO! He is aliiiive!..." Ahhh, yes, sweet childhood memories. Record number--three preachers in one service!! (The Pastor was out of town, and organized the preaching extravaganza in his absence). Unusual, but waaaay awesome! Family time in the form of a belated birthday dinner. Making faces at the itty-bitty nieces. Long nap, reading and thinking time with The Dog laying at my feet. Walk-about-town with The Butterfly Girl and one very happy doggie. Another viewing of Fireproof-the-Movie. Hanging time with the roomie, as we continued the former family tradition of Sue Thomas, F.B.Eye and then a little football. All we were missing was some popcorn and my dad's lame jokes. * sigh*. And these are a few of my favorite things...

You Might Also Like

0 comments