Mountains

9:25 PM

Got any rivers you think are uncrossable?
Got any mountains you can't tunnel through?
God specializes in things thought impossible
And He will do what no other power can do...

This is an old chorus that I learned on Sunday morning. And there were tears in my eyes. Because this past week has been such a lesson in faith. Faith to move mountains that seemed impossible. It is incredible how the Lord speaks the right word through many different sources...

My testimony: I'm a homeowner. More specifically, I own a little house that needed alot of repairs. One unexpected repair was the installation of a new furnace. And I did not have the money to pay for a new furnace. NO MONEY. So I prayed and trusted that the Lord would provide "food and covering" for me, just like His Word says. (I count heat as a kind of covering-a necessity as we head into a cold Pennsylvania winter). On Friday, the Lord miraculously took care of it all. He provided in a way that I hadn't dared to hope. From the moment of that provision, I felt dazed. Like I was in a movie. * Cue theme music* * Fade camera* So I ran away to be alone. Sat on the floor and breathed prayers of thanksgiving to the Lord.

Maybe I shouldn't be so surprised that the Lord would provide! He has done so much for me already, and I feel so unworthy of His blessings. This particular financial blessing is just another encouragement to keep on believing, even when there is no answer on the horizon. Like my sis wrote to me in an email, "Remember, from the first moment you prayed... you were heard. Learn this lesson of persevering in faith til the answer comes; it is so useful in every situation in our lives. Mountains that need to be moved are everywhere, but nothing is impossible with God."

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."
Hebrews 11:1

You Might Also Like

2 comments