Four Things

6:34 AM

At risk of seeming self-absorbed, I’m gonna do my version of the Internet tagging phenomenon, “Four Things.”

Four things I did (yesterday)…
1- Had a surprise visit from The Sparkly Girl at my workplace. She laughed, showed me her Christmas presents, looked at the cool fish and sometimes runaway crab and then I took her home.
2- Danced in the kitchen with one adorable niece while singing Jingle Bells. What joy on her face!!
3- Decorated for Christmas! Kind of. Sort of. I’m not done yet. But I do feel very festive!
4 – Emailed my parents, who are currently vacationing in Jamaica. :)

Four blogs I have enjoyed recently...
Yeah, I read blogs. But I have this cool gadget called ‘Google Reader,’ which saves time by consolidating all blog feeds into one place.
1. http://atypicalpastorswife.blogspot.com/. The blog of my friend and pastor’s wife. I love the recent posts on “The Consistent Christian.”
2. http://ourkitchensink.wordpress.com/. A food blog that I actually make recipes from. Like corn chowder, and peanut butter-swirled brownies, and quiche, and chocolate cheesecake. Nice.
3. http://www.evtales.com/. Sometimes hilarious stories about street-preaching the Gospel around LA.
4. http://www.sovereigngraceministries.org/Blog/post/The-Sluggard.aspx. CJ Mahaney’s blog. This post about Laziness was really convicting!

Four things on my to-do list…
Make shopping list for youth cookie baking night (tonight!). Work on a Christmas gift. Vacuum my bedroom. Find my thank-you cards!

Four random facts about me…
1- I’m a genetic mutation. Honestly. Every dentist or oral surgeon has told me that. Well, not in those exact words. They usually say, “do you know that you’re missing some adult teeth?” To which, I shrug and reply, “I’m a mutant. It’s my parents’ fault!”
2- If I don’t rest on Sunday, my week starts out very bad. It’s funny how the Bible always proves itself right. You just need a rest day once a week.
3- I wear a ring on the ring finger of my left hand. I’m not married though. It’s a purity/promise/chastity/abstinence ring. Little known fact: I actually wear my sister’s old promise ring. She’s married to a Godly man now… And well, if it worked for her… LOL
4- My earliest memory is being in church. :)

Four Scriptures that encouraged me recently...
2 Peter 1:3
“Seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence.”

Psalm 42:11
“Why are you in despair, O my soul? And why have you become disturbed within me? Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him, the help of my countenance and my God.”

Psalm 3:5
“I lay down and slept; I awoke, for the LORD sustains me."

1 Peter 1:13

“Therefore, prepare your minds for action, keep sober in spirit, fix your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.”

You Might Also Like

0 comments