Wake-Up Call

6:42 AM

Through a series of fortunate events, the Lord has got my attention. This weekend, He told me in no uncertain terms that my passion and attention has been focused on other things besides Him. I used to love Him more passionately, more dearly and desire Him more intensely. Slowly, that passion has waned.

It's not a time issue or a discipline issue or a life-decisions issue or a trust issue.... It's a HEART issue. Somewhere along the line, I transgressed the greatest commandment... "And you shall love the LORD, your God, with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength."

Thanks to the fitting words of friends, yet another sermon on Love, several hours in a ski lodge with nothing to do but study the Word, Psalm 119 and the unfailing voice of the Holy Spirit. Today, I'm praying to love God more.... more passionately, intensely, completely.

"Revive me according to Your Word..."

You Might Also Like

0 comments