Weekend in Review.. Kinda

6:39 AM

From a carnal standpoint, my weekend was SOOO not exciting.
I took down Christmas decorations, walked the dog, stared at the snow, baked muffins...


From a spiritual standpoint, my weekend just rocked.


Through strange twists of circumstance (I prefer to say that it was God's hand!), I was home almost all weekend long. Only me. And the Word. And E.M. Bounds on Prayer. And Leonard Ravenhill (online. woot!) And sometimes the roomies for great spiritual conversation.


Through the variety of sources... Matthew, Psalms, Romans, etc... there was a theme that the Lord was speaking to me about. He was dealing with my heart.

O, the motives and intentions of my heart. Why do I do what I do? Why do I pray what I pray? Why do I desire things? Seek after things? Avoid things? WHY is one of the most revealing questions to be asked. When I put the "why?" question against my heart, and lifted up the light of Scripture against my soul, I was ashamed. Such ugliness!

He showed me the contents of my heart. The strife, jealousy, unforgiveness, and just basic selfishness! Matthew 15:19 states that "out of the heart comes evil thoughts, murders, etc." Sin starts from within the wickedness of my own heart. Only God can change this heart of mine.


Also the loyalty of my heart: Matthew 6:24 says that 'no man can serve two masters.' His heart will love one and despise the other. Every time I give greater attention, more money, more time, more affection, more of my life to anything other than the Lord---I have become the servant of another. I must have an undivided heart! As a Christian, I love the Lord with ALL of this heart.,

And then, the doubting of my heart. Mark 11:23 says, "Truly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be taken up and cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says is going to happen, it will be granted him." If I haven't seen the impossible happen or the mountains move, it is not because of the unwillingness of God, but rather, because of the littleness of my faith. O Lord, help my unbelief!

"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God."
Matthew 5:8

You Might Also Like

2 comments