The Word of God

6:45 AM

The Word is alive
And it cuts like a sword through the darkness
With a message of life to the hopeless and afraid
Breathing life into all who believe
The Word is alive
And the world and its glories will fade
But His truth, it will not pass away
It remains yesterday and forever the same
The Word is alive

I got home after work yesterday and one of the roommates was washing dishes and listening to Casting Crowns. I love this Casting Crowns song and it was just another part of the theme that God has been revealing to me lately.

Without the Word of God, I feel lifeless, wooden, wandering, listless, empty, broken, sad... It's probably something of the feeling that sinners (in their constant separation from God) feel every single day. No wonder they need medication for mental illness. The stress of being without Christ is too much for their souls. It's understandable. God never created humans to exist by themselves. He created them to be dependent on Him, to have relationship with Him.

The power of the Word amazes me.
Here is a book, written thousands of years ago, with spiritual life just oozing from its pages. It is senseless to the human mind, but when I read the Word--I feel the presence of God. I can feel rest being restored to my spirit. No longer is my heart restless. The Great Shepherd led me to 'still waters.'

The law of the LORD is perfect, restoring the soul;
The testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
The precepts of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart;
The commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.
Psalm 19:7-8

You Might Also Like

1 comments