MoS: Satisfaction

6:45 AM

Musings on Singleness: Satisfaction

Shepherd Jesus
Are You my satisfaction?
I shall not be in want.
My sustenance.
Are You my restoration?
I shall not stray the path.

Lead me in the good paths,
Your paths
Of righteousness.
Even when I walk in darkness
I follow
Your nearness.

Fear flees from me
I am overwhelmed in peace
Your comfort.
Your shelter.


The question we are anxiously avoiding is this: “What if the Lord doesn’t want me to get married? Like EVER?!!” Honesty requires us to say, “I don’t think I could handle that!” Trust me, sometimes I feel the same way! The truth is, if God called you for that, He would also grace you for that. Supernatural ability would be abundant in your life.

But I think this painful question brings a more important question to light. The depths of our hearts are exposed. And our loyalties are brought into the light. We should ask ourselves the question, “Can I be satisfied in only Jesus forever?”

When I’ve asked myself the ultimate question of satisfaction, I remember Psalm 23:1. “The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want.” There are no exceptions to that verse. No outs. No “unless-I’m-single-and-therefore-alone-and-in-need-and-in-want-of-companionship.” Nope! In Jesus, I am and should be completely satisfied!

Ask yourself—
Am I completely satisfied in Jesus?
Do I find my greatest joy and highest pleasure in His presence?

“But as for me, the nearness of God is my good; I have made the Lord GOD my refuge, that I may tell of all Your works.
Psalm 73:28

“As for me, I shall behold Your face in righteousness: I will be satisfied with Your likeness when I awake.”
Psalm 17:15

You Might Also Like

0 comments