Passion for Souls

8:41 PM

I've noticed that my blogging of late has been just narrative. And that's cool, and I'm sure y'all enjoy it, but there is so much more that God is doing.

Amy Carmichael wrote...

O for a passionate passion for souls!
O for a pity that yearns!
O for the love that loves unto death!
O for a fire that burns!
O for the pure prayer-power that prevails,
That pours itself out for the lost;
Victorious prayer in the Conqueror's name,
O for a Pentecost!
Souls and missions have been in my thoughts in the last few days. Of course, to my soul, this immediately screams "Africa!" or "Asia!" or some other foreign nations. I see visions of the young Filipino kids or starving African orphans... and now I understand, that I've been equating financial destitution with missions! And that's wrong. The need of man's heart is salvation. And America is as desperately in need of a Saviour as any other country I know. America is destitute in soul. Who will offer them the Gospel?
Note: I'm not discounting missions to foreign countries if you feel so called. As for me right now, I just *wish* the Lord would call me there. And I'm not sure that my heart is right in its desires for that. It's probably just that longing for adventure or frustration with life here.
Every Christian is called to the ministry of reconciliation. And I am here in central Pennsylvania, in the United States of America. And that tells me that I have a mission HERE, to win souls HERE, and to do the work of the Kingdom HERE, in this exact time. The location may change, but the mission remains the same. Americans need Jesus just as desperately as Africans or Filipinos or Chinese. And God's power is strong enough to save the most hardened of sinners, even liberal, religion-spouting, deluded sons of hell disguised as Pharisees.
My challenge to you is the challenge of the Spirit to me: Win souls wherever you are. And know that you're in the center of God's will while you're doing it.
Now my prayer is, "Lord, give me Your heart for America."
And make me a soul-winner.

You Might Also Like

2 comments