Summer Funny-ness

6:44 AM

A co-worker gave me a massive zucchini the other day. So big that I slung it over my shoulder to carry it like a sack of potatoes. Only half-jokingly. I only know how to make two things with zucchini: Chocolate chip zucchini cake (tastes better than it sounds) and zucchini bread. And I'm wondering how many loaves of zucchini bread this monster vegetable will make. Hmmm. I need more recipes.


Cows made me late for church on Sunday. Yup, a herd of cows on the road. I am SO. Serious! I told The Chatty Girl about it during church and she whispered, "Devil cows!" And then I fell over laughing.

And here are some things that I love... especially in the summer.

  • Fresh berries
  • Moonrises
  • Rainstorms
  • Unity of the saints
  • Flag football
  • Middle-schoolers
  • Soft piano music
  • Solitude
  • My dog
  • Playing “Apples to Apples”
  • Arriving at the destination after a long trip
  • Sour Patch Kids
  • Wildflowers from the roadside
  • Cooking for people
  • Inside jokes
  • Forgetting the past
  • A leather journal filled with handwriting
  • Crayon pictures by little children
  • My Bible
  • Blue skies

You Might Also Like

0 comments