Almost

6:39 AM

We interrupt your regularly scheduled program to bring you...

Things I Almost Did Yesterday.

1. Went to Starbucks for a vanilla bean frappucino. Soooo close, yet common sense prevailed. I was going running after getting home and that sugar rush certainly wouldn't have helped me run better.

2. Jumped in an ice-cold pond of spring water. After running in the warm weather, the very awesome dog and I were pretty hot and sticky. So we walked down the lane to a neighboring camp's pond. The Dog jumped right in and I stood on the edge contemplating the consequences. Would I drown? Drop the i-pod in the water? Ruin my running shoes?

3. Stayed up too late. Books are waaaay too fascinating to me. But common sense prevailed (mostly). Makes me wonder if common sense is just your conscience. It's saying, "No! Be disciplined! Think about the results!"

Well, ya know what they say...
"Almost does count, except in horseshoes, hand grenades and nuclear war!"

You Might Also Like

0 comments